Monday, November 30, 2009

Card Games and such...

Confession is good for the soul, so here's my confession for the day. I have craftily avoided learning how to play a card game called, Progressive Rummy for about 26 years.
You see, Allen's side of the family plays Progressive Rummy so often, and at every family gathering, that I run and hide. I hate most card games with a passion other than Uno, regular Rummy, Solitaire, Hearts, Spit, well you get my point. I prefer board games that rely on adjectives, charade-like games, loud and noisy games in which you shout out the answers to questions like, "In what year did Ferris Bueller became a household name?" Bueller? Bueller? The year was 1986 people.

On my 101 List is item #4: Learn to play Progressive Rummy even if it kills me. I'm proud to say that this past Friday night I endured and learned the rules and regulations for this card game. I did not win, but I did not have the highest score at the end either. My husband won, and that's all well and good because he is a competitive guy.
Me, I'm great when it comes to Taboo and word games. So, item #4 is gone forever. And that's perfectly fine with me. Here's to another 26 years of wordsy and action packed games.

2 comments:

The Swell Guy said...

Ha! I saw that look in your eye. What's next? Canasta...Bunco...Pinochle...Bridge??

Unknown said...

I'm on to you now!! Actually, I creatively avoid Pinochle whenever the Ulrichs get together -- so I can totally relate!! And if it was up to Dan, we'd all be playing Bridge at both places!!!! But I'm with you, sister! Bring on the Taboo, Cranium, and Apples to Apples!