Thursday, June 25, 2009

No Online Spending

So... I am learning that it is very hard to keep up with this 101 in 1001 Days list that I started back in October 2008. Months go by and I forget to update the list. I do feel it is important to track my own progress. But this got me to thinking about item number #80 and it's a doozy: Give up all shopping via the internet for one month. I think July or August is the month to try this since June is winding down and I just had a little point and click session this morning with The Body Shop's website. For me, the problem is getting those tempting little emails that say, "SALE" or "FREE SHIPPING."

But on a positive note I can cross off the following #'s:
3. 30 minutes of exercise 3 times a week. Swimming in the lake and walking are very helpful.
6. Get ready to jump out of an airplane before my 45th birthday!!!
7. Tell my wonderful husband that I love him every day. No brainer right?
14. Refuse to let my physical ailments define who I am and what I can do. Again, swimming across the cove hurt like the dickens, but I am glad I did it.
23. Work on my critical spirit. I am thankful to Pastor David for challenging sermons on this subject.
#40 Join the YMCA. We never go!
#60 Attend & celebrate Bethany's graduation from ACC. She was not able to walk but we are celebrating her achievements and congratulate her success!! We are proud of Baby Girl.
Well, there you have it. A brief update. And I will attempt to keep my fingers away from the mouse in the next 30 days. Perhaps I should unsubscribe to those pesky stores. Until next time-Breathe.

No comments: