Saturday, July 25, 2009

No Online Spending yet!

Well it's been two whole weeks since my last blog post for many, many reasons. We came back from St. Lucia to reality too quickly. It was like being sucked into an emotional vortex and I truly experienced some reverse culture shock. I do not look at trailers, run-down clap-board houses through the same eyes. I see poverty all around me in Greenwood and my heart does a little flip. Then as I showed my extended family our vacation pictures my heart broke once again and I realized that my pictures did not convey enough of the "real" St. Lucia. The island and the impact it left still resonate. So much so that I would go back today in a heartbeat. Not just to escape the pressures of this life, but to be immersed in another culture where the pace is slower, and the simple joy of living is evident all around you. People who have very little appreciate life and the gifts God bestows.
On another note, I am 25 days into my month with no online spending. And believe me I have been bombarded daily with sales fliers, email updates from Pottery Barn, Old Navy, etc. Can I get an AMEN here?
Until next time, breathe deeply because that's exactly what I will be doing.

No comments: