Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Messed up but forgiven

I find that we are all messed up. Dysfunctional, codependent and generally self-centered. If this were not so, we would have no need for a savior, let alone a spiritual accountability partner. For the past 25 years my husband has been my accountability partner. Certainly, girlfriends have always had their place in my life as I will tell them the boring stuff my husband cannot help me deal with. Or the drama that surrounds my life as a woman.
Every day encounters with Jesus remind me again, and again that he accepts me where I am. That I do not have to have my act together in order to pray or to ask forgiveness. So as messed up as I can be one minute, I still have an advocate with my heavenly father. I can still come to his throne as one of his children. And if I have screwed things up on my own, I am greeted with open arms. How cool is this? Initial forgiveness, ongoing redemption and sanctification are the coolest. And Jesus, His is the sweetest name I know.

No comments: