Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Update on my 101

Here is a very boring update on my 101 list. I have been flossing once a day now like, for real. Isn't that exciting? My dentist will thank me one day.
However, it is exciting to me that my teenage friend Rachel has now started her very own 101 in 1001 days. I cannot wait to read it. I have heard through the grapevine that she too wants to go skydiving OR jump out of an airplane wearing a parachute. She also insists that she goes for this adventure "tandem" with an instructor.
My best friend Sonja who lives in Florida, went skydiving several years ago. Thus, this crazy idea stuck in my brain. For Sonja though, she will never, ever skydive again. Upon landing, she broke her ankle in several places and had to have screws put in place to fix the break. Okay, call me crazy but I guess I am willing to risk a badly broken ankle. I will however be praying nonstop that we stick the landing just right, if and when I get up the nerve to jump. Her instructor had never had an accident before and took care of all of her medical bills though. I went to visit Sonja after the surgery and we joyfully paraded through Wal-mart on the motorized geezer cart with her crutches in tow. You would not believe the nasty looks we got from the elderly and infirm. Well, that's another story. Until next time, breathe. And Rachel, if you're serious, maybe we just "do it" together when we get up the nerve.

No comments: