Friday, January 18, 2019

Living the Good Life

Hey there, it's me Deni and I have been gone from the blogging world for several years, too many to count. Let me re-introduce myself. I have been on quite a journey that I didn't exactly sign up for but am coming to realize that it is all part of His plan, and not mine.

I am still in the "soap business." I crank out natural Goat Milk and Oatmeal bars each week and I also work part-time for my husband's company aptly named, "Ruckus & Co., Inc." We are doing our thing our way and are loving the ride.

We still reside on the spectacular Lake Greenwood and have the best neighbors on our end of our point. All good stuff!! In fact, paradise is the word we prefer to describe life here in sunny SC.

We now have 4 grandchildren, 2 girls and a boy by Beth & Rafael and a 2 year-boy from Erin & Robert and another little girl this spring. Cannot wait! It is almost too true that being a grandparent beats being a parent any day. We are blessed; and we are young grandparents which makes it all the more silly and fun and easier on our backs (wink, wink).

Lastly, I have been falling apart physically now for about the last ten years or so. Can I get a witness? 50 ain't no joke!  Bad eyesight, insomnia, aches and pains that weren't there quite so much in my 40's. I know I am not alone in this stage of life. I do not like hurting every day or taking meds for my RA. Or buying Poise pads. Or buying comfortable shoes over fashionista heels. Sigh. Life is Good.  Really it is. So, today I am at once hurting, grateful, weepy, but turning all things over to Him.  I may very likely pick it all back up again tomorrow, and then have to re-surrender to His will.
His mercies are new every morning. And His strength is sufficient for me.

Until next time, just breathe. In and out and in and out.
Deni
facebook.com/SoapsbyDeni

No comments: