Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Camper?

I am not tooting my own horn when I say that I recently slept outdoors for 2 nights in an army surplus tent. It was safari time at Masai Mara and we stayed in a quaint lodge with a bed, bath, lukewarm water and a flashlight.

The food was excellent, and the bugs were huge! Lizards kept trying to get into our tent and of course, we doused ourselves in DEET to ward off mosquitoes. Alas, I still managed to get eaten alive and came away with several bites that swelled and itched until this week. But honestly, amidst the sounds of crickets chirping, birds cawing, I slept well and am so glad we camped out for our Safari adventure.

More on Safari later, but I'm crossing #72 off of my 101 List...Sleep out under the stars for a night. We slept at Ol-Moran Lodge for two full nights. And for the most part, I was a Happy Camper! Thank ya Jesus.

No comments: