Thursday, October 31, 2013

This is me. Not exactly a Glamour Shot but my husband took this photo last weekend to use for the shameless promotion of my burgeoning SOAPS BY DENI business.
I've been making my own 99% organic goat milk and oatmeal based soap for nearly a year now. Actually, come Thanksgiving it will have been a year since I crafted the first batch of oatmeal & honey. What a fun year it has been. I've been blessed to help friends and family who need soap for various allergies and medical issues, like eczema and psoriasis.
I am now branching out into the fun world of bath products, room sprays, muscle rubs and such. A year ago I believed I was making soap for myself to save $$ on the organic goat soap I'd been buying.
All I can say is, God is good. It's not cliche in this case because I've loved meeting my customers in person and hearing your stories. We all share a common thread of allergies or just wanting to make the world a better place by not using toxic chemicals and synthetic ingredients on our bodies. I mean, we are doing a good thing together.
I've been able to give back to my local community by donating a proceed from each bar that I sell to Greenwood's Meals on Wheels program. I've been able to help others go on mission trips as well, or to pay it forward in the drive-thru lane. Blessing others has definitely blessed me, far beyond all that I could imagine.
In closing, I appreciate those who have been there with me since the beginning...KK you get your due props here as being my #1 fan and "soap pimp" in GWD. I love ya'll.
til next time, breathe. namaste
Deni

No comments: